Friday, April 10, 2009

36+ week appointment

Doug and I had our 36 week appointment with Dr. Cook this week. All still is looking good. I'm not dilating, so hopefully the baby will give all his grandparents time to be in the country for his delivery :P
I did get the 'green light' for an induction at 38 1/2 weeks, but asked the doctor that we just see what my body does on its own. He was happy with that, so we're taking it "one week at a time". According to the doctor he is also still "very high up".
In the meantime there are just so many things going on at school. I'm almost done with my clinicals--thank goodness. I always joke that I'm at the right place (at Memorial Hermann) so should anything happen, I can just go on over to labor and delivery. The nurses I work with always joke about "what will we do, get you a stretcher, race you over there?" I calmly tell them should my water break--or anything of that sort-- to just hand me a towel and walk me on over. I am in Tomball once a week too for my 'school nurse' rotation. Should anything happen out there, I'm sure I can just make a call to my mom to sent Life Flight to pick me up...I kid, I kid...

No comments: