Saturday, August 20, 2011

While my husband runs...

Asher and I are here at home while Doug runs 12 miles as per his 'personalized, super-duper, HR focused' marathon training plan. While we did our first triathlon in April, and he decided that was his sport, he decided to get that pesky "Run a Marathon" off his bucket list before he went full-fledged as a member of USAT (USA Triathlon).
Funny how I wanted a fancy GPS watch just last year I think, and this spoiled brat got just that!

Anywho, we realized last year--when we both signed up for the Marathon-- that it can only work (having small children) if only one person trains at a time. Asher lasts up to 6 miles in the BOB Ironman Jogging stroller we have, but I cannot imagine taking him out in this weather we've been having with the high mileage that's necessary.


So what do I get to do? Well, since I consider being at work 12-14 hours a day, three times a week as most of my exercise, occasional spinning classes & weight lifting at the gym, swimming class with Asher, PLUS just trying to be as active of a mom as possible for him (did I mention he can only sit still long enough for a 30 minute episode of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?) Yes, my son will turn off the TV so he can go play with his "cars", "animals", wheelbarreling off furniture, or to color.
Long story short, I've been trying to do Christmas shopping! If I carry 40 weeks with this baby, he's due December 23rd. Now yes, I did deliver Asher at 39 weeks on the dot, I keep telling myself I have a new doctor, will deliver at a new hospital, etc. so if things change, all I can do is see what happens when that time comes.


So with Baby Boy #2 nearly being a Christmas baby, this means I will not want to be doing last minute shopping trips being huge and edematous!What's my friend now?


While I despise shipping fees, once you purchase of their site, the remainder of the day you get free shipping!
I've also booked his the new baby's newborn session with our favorite photographers, DW Photoz! Danny's wife branched out and now offers their more maternity, baby, children-focused DW Itty Bitty.
I think it'll be fun to use some fun Christmas props for this little guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Zuliliy! And love the BOB a double one is going to be quite a workout on its own! I don't know if you know anybody else that has the angel monitor but my friend has it and it never worked right for her, I was so tempted to get it anyway cause I really wanted to try it but got the Summer video monitor instead and LOVE it, I love that I can see her. Let me know how the angel monitor works if you get it maybe I'll try it the second time around but by then who knows what they will have by then!!!