Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birthdays at the beach house

My parents built their beach house when I was in high school, and never have I gone there just as a 'walk on' on the ferry. We always check the wait time before we go and either go early or just avoid it all and go 'the back way' via Anahuac. This time, Doug came up with this bright idea. Here is Asher waiting with his Thomas the Train toy bag.
Slick guy in his glasses.
I tried to capture the ferry boat crossing us via the window.

I can recall years going to Seawolf Park. They had the best real-fruit popsicles! Plus the fishing and fun in the old tanks. Great gift very appropriate for my family.



Birthday boy (my dad) and his two grandsons who are very much entertained with their cars instead of the cake in front of them.

Enjoying a delicious, juicy peach.

Asher supervising the catch of a hardhead off my parents boat.

Nice view from above on the porch of the beach house. My parents neighborhood was so lucky their homes were still standing after Ike.

You can see a fish getting caught! I later found a fishing lure in Asher's shorts when I was doing his laundry.

I think this neighbor did this revamping of the railing after Ike and I thought it looked interesting.

On the way home we ate at a great Greek Seafood restaurand, Olympia. Delicious!


No comments: