Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Choosing a name for our boy: Taj Benjamin

"Taj" was always a name Doug and I talked about before we even got pregnant. I don't think we ever seriously considered it while pregnant with Asher...why I'm not sure. Taj Burrow is an professional surfer from Australia born to American parents.

"Taj" means "Crown" in Sanskrit & Indian. Its pronounced like Taj Majal. (I imagine I'll be saying that like alot). Haha.

"Benjamin" is a name I've always liked, and it is coincidentally a son of Jacob and leader of the 12 tribes as well (Asher is a son of Jacob in the Bible and one of the leaders of the 12 tribes of Israel).

Other names we liked were: Owen (me), Diego (Doug), Corb Blake (after Doug's grandfather), James (me), & not too many others unfortunately. Doug's rationale: "its hard to choose something like Asher (such a winner) and pair it with a...blah...name". Yes, that makes sense to me.

If Taj does not appreciate his name as a professional during interviews, he could always make himself T. Benjamin on paper. That has a nice ring to it too!

We never had anything monogrammed for Asher before he was born because we told ourselves, "we want to meet him first". Well this time it was decided one evening that yes, we would in fact choose Taj, so I jumped on to Etsy, ordered him the grey cap you see below...then it just blew up from there. I guess having Christmas right around the corner added to the shopping frenzy.


Stocking to match the rest of ours...
First ornmanent...
And a nice hat to keep himself warm in at the hospital...(the first thing I ordered for him!)
Big brother needed something too... And some more shopping...(this is actually now on sale at Pottery Barn Kids for anyone else whose child is celebrating their first Christmas).
Super-cheap at Hobby Lobby!
And one more thing is being shipped here today I hope! A monogrammed stroller blanket with all things daddy loves: argyle & sock monkeys!

No comments: