Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I have a 'real' job...again!!

Despite hoping to not return to work until Janurary 2010, Doug and I decided its best for our family for me to start work in July. I believe our prayers were answered because while most internships only start twice a year, the one I hoped for opened up slots for a new class to begin in a few short weeks. I'll be working in the CSC (Children's Special Care) Unit aka Step-down Floor at Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital. We've decided since I would like a night position-- who knows, I may not get a choice ;)-- that Asher should go to day care part time. It'll also allow me to keep my sanity by allowing me some time gym time.

Update: They did offer me a day shift 7A-7P but I asked for night shift instead. It was available!

Speaking of Asher--who is 8 weeks old today--this is the 3rd night in a row he's slept through the night. We thought it was a fluke the first night, then the 2nd rolled around...I look for trends and that's what this is looking like. So he'll fight us for a while between 9-11PM but then crash till 6:30 or 7AM. I say 'fight' because during his 'wake-eat-burp-play-poop-nap' cycle the nap part is significantly shorter in the late evening time. That's fine with me though if it allows Doug and I to sleep through the night. I have learned the hard way though I should still wake up every 3-4 hours to pump...waking up engorged is painful and not fun when I think I can make it to the gym by 5:30AM.

No comments: