Thursday, February 12, 2009

28 weeks along...

We're all still trucking along this pregnancy...Doug went to his first Bradley class with me and was not too pleased when they snuck in a close-up delivery shot during a video. He was totally unprepared, so that made it very funny for me. (Info on the Bradley Method: http://www.bradleybirth.com/)

Baby Boy Fagala is doing well, I'll have an update on his latest progress after next week's check-up. He moves so much in my stomach and really packs a punch (or kick). I really don’t have to officially do kick-counting since I can count 10+ movements in 15 minutes or less sometimes. We haven’t gone to many more Spin classes since school started, but I know we’ll be back soon. We’re still managing with long walks at Memorial Park and I take the stairs when I can. I also have plenty of pregnancy DVDs here at home for those times I just don’t want to go anywhere. Still searching for a bathing suit for the Aqua classes at the gym…

In the meantime I'm busy at school one day a week, 2 days at Memorial Hermann Hospital, and one day in the Tomball community. It's so much better than last semester's 50+ hour weeks in lecture and at various hospitals-- and you all remember those were at NIGHT. I now have a day off during the week + weekends off. Doug is staying busy with working late and lots of running. I just signed him up for another half-marathon and 10K today. I'm so proud of him. Those that know him knew he was never a runner, so to see him now is so motivating.

We were able to order a huge recliner chair/ottoman for the baby's room. It's really comfy with plenty of space. The color red we chose is very similar to the photo above--but we went with microfiber and no pattern. Thanks Woody and Sheila! We'll be getting started very soon with painting the walls for the baby's room and adding the panel molding. We're going to have a really neat mural over it too. (Doug Sr's idea).

I'm giving the aunts-to-be and grandmothers-to-be potential baby shower dates, so April should be alot of fun. We are 100% sure on the bedding (Dr. Seuss) but still not on a name...

1 comment:

David and Amanda said...

that chair is really pretty where is it from? I can't wait until your baby shower, hopefully I can make it down there for it!!