Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Planning trips for the year 2012

So I'm turning 30 in June and since I was not able to go to a beautiful beach last year I asked to go to Cabo...made it really easy on Doug, right?Well, he wants to go to Alaska for our wedding anniversary in July-- 5 years already! Yes, I agree that is a very cool trip. He even agreed to make it a cruise. He's gone on many in the past, however I have not. He does not like cruises, so I appreciate him for trying on this idea. Plus we'll get to leave out of Seattle, and I've always wanted to check out that city! Going in the summer will hopefully give us some reprieve from the hot weather I know we'll be having in Houston.
AND we want to go to Disney in November. WITHOUT our kids...I know, its blasphemous! We're going for a half-marathon, and since we both want to run, we surely cannot afford to take someone with us to babysit our two boys. So, they will have to stay home. Did I mention the Wine Fest going on the same time we'll be there. So of course, not the best place for children, right?

So...since I will likely not be 'beach ready' in June--I was not one of those who dropped weight super-quick by breastfeeding, I couldn't really start losing til I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months unfortunately--I think I'll lean towards the Alaska trip. I can workout on the ship, right?

No comments: