Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New rooms for 'the boys'

New baby boy #2 will be moving into Asher's room. I think the stripes that are there already will fit nicely with the caterpillr theme. Now instead of it being a Dr. Seuss room, it'll be a storybook room. Asher will be moving to our spare bedroom, which already had 2 twin beds in it. We've chosen the sheets the boys will have! They were sold out online, but we were able to go to the store yesterday, grab one of the last vintage airplane sets there, then ordered a set at The Woodlands store to be mailed to us. Thank goodness because if they were sold out, we were scrambing to find a new idea for them that was similar, yet different.

Here is Asher's set: And baby boy #2 when he's old enough:


Here is an idea of some of the other contenders if we were not able to find our vintage train & airplane set at Pottery Barn. They're from Restoration Hardware and BOY was there a price difference!


Here's one we liked from Land of Nod:

4 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes:) I'll have my c-section on Friday, if it all goes as planned. The kids' playroom is also Hungry Caterpillar. Its one of my favorite children's book and I love Eric Carle's illustrations. And funny, but we chose the same vintage airplane sheets and quilt set from PBK for baby's room-we must have good taste:P I'll have to post pictures on my blog soon. Your due date is quickly approaching as well, take care.

Anonymous said...

I saw the hungry caterpillar on PB a couple weeks ago and fell in love. So so adorable. Love the room ideas. Almost there girl. Can't wait to see pics of baby number 2!!!

The DougFish said...

Gosh, I wish we had room in our house for a playroom. Apparently in the 60's when my house was built it was cool to have 2 living rooms instead. :P Now if my my husband wouldn't mind if I just create one of them into a makeshift playroom...hmmm...haha.

The DougFish said...

Thanks Traci! We only have 2 PBK in Houston and this past week when we went they didn't have any to view in person. I guess I've gotten so used to shopping out of their catalogs. :)