Friday, October 23, 2009

Asher's photo day at 'school'

When I work Doug is fully responsible for Asher in the mornings. He makes sure our little man is dressed, fed, etc. I do help out by preparing his diaper bag with food, bottles, labeled diapers, etc. I lay out Asher's clothes in the morning too. As much as I can to make it easier on Doug. Well Asher gets little slips sent home each day after 'school' (day care) that let us know what's going on with him: how his day went, times of naps, amount of feeds, diaper changes, etc. On the one Doug just got it stated in huge BOLD letters: "PICTURE DAY IS TOMORROW". Doug told me this was for his Christmas photos...I thought to myself "Oh no! He has ZERO holiday attire, and there's no time to grab anything!" We had one thing that my mom got him: a sleeper romper that was striped and had Christmas emblems/patches...along with a button flap to access the booty. Ha. Well we HAD to choose this to wear.

Asher did really well. When I'm off of work I don't take him to day care, but decided I would take him in for his photos, then head back home. We got there and the kiddos were being dropped off with these lavish gowns and nice outfits. Asher was just super-comfy and happy when he got changed (really I had him wearing it the whole time...not much to get messy after all). So one mom stayed with her daughter while she took the pics (older than Asher I might add). She came back not happy since her daugher "didn't smile at all". I wasn't sure what Asher would do since he's never taken professional pictures. They had the cutest backdrops and it was really funny to watch the whole thing. Asher sat up in this teeny tiny antique-looking chair that looked like it belonged in some castle with a fire blazing near by. In short, he smiled in all his photos and did great. Who knew?! Ha.

Update: on November 11th, Doug was able to pick up the photos Asher took. Doug bought ALL THE PICTURES! Totally suckered in...I kid, I kid. I need to watch him next time Asher gets photos taken too--really I just need to be the one to hold his wallet.

No comments: